Gillian Baci is a pop artist who makes music with emotional and philosophical depth. He’s adept at creating catchy melodies and writing lyrics that speak to the soul. A truly global artist, he has worked with producers and artists from all over the world, collaborating across a wide range of genres, from EDM to reggae to Afrobeats. He also has experience making music for film, having composed over 10 original songs for films and TV shows. His musical identity revolves around finding self, love & heartbreak, serenity, the resilience of the human spirit, and universal unity. His strongest belief is that we are all one (plants, animals, air, everything), and to that end, he seeks to only spread positivity with his music, even when singing dark lyrics. He’s currently working on the release of his first EP titled Sweet Serenity, a music compilation focused on spreading the philosophy of finding serenity over happiness. In short, the EP seeks to spread good vibes in an age where many people are dealing with depression and other mental health issues. Gillian used to suffer from depression and so this EP is, in a way, a culmination of his long journey out of the dark abyss of depression.
Music is a mode of self-expression for me. I love it for music's sake. The feeling of making a new song and listening to it doesn't get old at all.
- To be able to touch many lives with my music. - To play sold out concerts in the biggest cities. - To make a fortune off my music.
Making it mandatory for children to learn about how the human mind works, its strengths, biases, shortcomings, and all. This would make sure that every human on earth understands the sophisticated biological equipment that directs them.
Hmmmmn...I'm not sure. My memory of the distant past is pretty fucked...lol
- Rihanna for her sex appeal and showmanship - Ed Sheeran for the his melodic prowess and sonic versatility (to some degree) - Sia for the thoughtful lyrics - Max Martin for impeccable production and melodic arrangement But these are all in the past. Presently, I feel I don't have favorite artists, just favorite songs.
- Life experiences - Boredom - Desire to say something others aren't saying - Desire to put on a show
- We are one with everything - The suffering in pain is caused by the desire to run from pain - Everyone is equal - Everyone is in pain one way or the other so no one is alone I'm certain that more will come to me as time unfolds.
OMG! I become a different animal! I feel ALIVE, ready to conquer the stage and put on the wildest show I can. For me, performing is the best part of being an artist.
I'm not sure right now. I'm still trying to come to terms with the intersection of NFTs and music. There's something there but it's hard to tell how it will benefit all artists. I see many great artists suffer cos they lack the funds to market their work. I can't find any workable solution for them. But then this is where NFTs become an interesting mechanism for funding unknown artists. Implementing such a system isn't so easy. In summary, I don't really know. But I guess more education is never a bad strategy so maybe that.
I find it interesting so far. I haven't used it for more than an hour. haha!
Marketing my music. I wish I had someone or a team to deal with that. I absolutely love creating, however selling is my kryptonite ?
I'll be honest, not so much. I'm very introverted and so I only venture outside my sphere of existence only when I absolutely have to. That said, I have a few artists friends I support cos I really respect their talent.
- Personality that isn't shy to put itself out there. - A certain neuroticism that predisposes them to love social media (something I don't have...lol) - Good looks, or the swagger to turn not-so-good looks into a brand - Firm understanding of digital marketing (aka growth hacking)
- Marina Lin - Alpha Ojini - ViC the Wordsmith